Some week ago I took part in a meeting of old youthful rugby players nearby the Villadose Club House, at the same time there was a beautiful promotion initiative dedicated to kids. So watching their enthusiasm and teamwork of their parents, I decided to fix the old site of the Rugby Villadose that I have realized eight years ago. Although it is seasoned, can be again an useful tool of promotion and information.
work in progress
Recently I have restarted to program the first web-app: the conversion of my storm sewer software. I focalized my attention on the input interface and despite the easiness and versatility of jQuery, I have got bogged down in details. I have reached a “result” but is full of bugs and not optimal.
Writing my first web application to design a storm sewer system, I'm studying a solution to load the proper form according to user selection. I will show you a provisional code to solve this demand. Now the style (texts, colours and graphics) of the web-app is ugly, I will write it last.
An interesting feature for my future Storm Sewer software will be the ability to change and add new languages, simply clicking on a selector and editing a text file. In a similar way it can be the same with the units of measurement (for example changing the flow from m3/s to litre/s). I will show you my achieved results using AJAX and XML.
For my future web application, I have searched the best language in order to make it available on the most number of available platforms. I think that the AJAX and DOM are a good solution and with the help of jQuery library, I can reach a discrete number of device, overcoming the cross-browser problems and at the same time saving many rows of code.