A simple method to know the popularity of your own site pages is given by Drupal with statistics core module, but using Views is possible to improve the collected data, having a more defined table, subdivided in popular content and today's popular content.
Introductory article on this versatile add-on, that allows me to generate list of content in many types: from sliding images and tags-cloud in frontpage, to menu and lists of articles in other pages. Today I will describe some basic features and in the next tutorials I will show you how I implemented it in this site from time to time.
Setting up actions and triggers and using tokens, it is possible to create an efficient method that inform by email the admin, after anonymous user inserts a new comment awaiting approval. Besides it notifies the anonymous of the approval of one's message and any replies, if has left email, as highlighted in the form, overriding the standard strings of Drupal.
Here it is a simple list with the operations that I use to upgrade new release of installed modules and Drupal itself, at the moment only 7 major release, i.e. from 7.x to 7.y where y>x. As far as I know this little guide is sufficient for Altervista.org domains and even for other ones.
In this brief tutorial I will explain how to create a wind effect on a curtain in order to use it like a background on site header that I am updating. Measuring out the linear gradient of curtain, adding shadows and wavelike motion in the ends, it is possible to simulate a fairly good movement in spite of some blemish. All in all it gives the page layout more dynamic and beautiful.
Some week ago I took part in a meeting of old youthful rugby players nearby the Villadose Club House, at the same time there was a beautiful promotion initiative dedicated to kids. So watching their enthusiasm and teamwork of their parents, I decided to fix the old site of the Rugby Villadose that I have realized eight years ago. Although it is seasoned, can be again an useful tool of promotion and information.
I have been stopped from many doubts, corrections, changes... but finally I publish it! In others word I moved it from my computer where it has been living for many weeks and I put it online.