You learn something new every day, indeed I discovered a new way to do multiplications with much fun: the Japanese method. The approach is pretty graphical but obviously the maths is the same used in the traditional method. I show you in a video four examples and a gallery with a comparison of the two techniques. Sure you will appreciate it and amazing your friends with awesome maths!
The Japanese method is an elegant and handful procedure to solve the multiplications reducing them to a sum of dots subdivided in horizontal and vertical lines.
I was just a little annoyed to use the same Curriculum Vitae templates and so I have choice another one that I found on LaTeXTemplates: the Developer CV. I updated it inserting the cover letter with the same header of the CV, the space for a profile image near the name and a easy setup of the colours that highlight each section of the document. As always in the article I put the download links and a brief description of my additions.
I added a new chance to my LaTeX script that trims empty spaces from every PDF interactively and visually: the option to add the page number in the bottom of the final cropped PDF. It is also possible to do the cut online thanks to Overleaf. And now by editing two variables: it is possible to turn on/off the page number feature and to adjust its distance from the bottom of the page.
A good curriculum vitae must always be preceded or accompanied by an equally valid cover letter, I have always heard this or it can be read in almost all online guides. As a good awkward customer to this document I have always paid little attention focusing only on the classic CV and so to remedy this today I will publish a very good model found on the internet. It is in LaTeX but even those who do not know this language can easily modify it online following my guide.
In order to answer at a comment in an old article, I have discovered an interesting trick to bypass the limit of the predetermined arguments that define a LaTeX macro. In the following sections I explain the basic idea under the hood with the solution for creating a dynamic table that supports a multiple of 4 arguments at time.
After many years I have written and published my first article on a thesis template in LaTeX, I verify that it still keeps on being visited and shared daily. So I decided to translate in English the original comments and notes and to improve and update it. Now it has the analytical index and the instructions to print it but above all you can edit, publish and share it on-line with Overleaf.
Recently thanks to a comment in my unofficial version of Europass CV, I have discovered the existence of the Digital Competence in the official and Giacomo Mazzamuto one. So I have firstly updated my CV and then the template hosted on GitHub and Overleaf. In the article there are a few notes about the new addition, the description of the digital competence and how to insert it in the LaTeX template.
It's time to upgrade my old LaTeX version of the Europass CV with a new one that follows the 2013 release, fortunately it has been an easy task because there are many attempts on Internet. I choose the latest class available on CTAN and I have updated it inserting new font icons, the selector for languages and moving on the left the picture in the personal information area. The resulting document is easy to edit and improve directly on your browser if you have a subscription in an online editor like Overleaf, or you can download it.
Basically I was looking for reducing my curriculum vitae in one page only, that would have summarized all my education, working experience and skills. The infographic is a beautiful method to do this but after a vain research on Internet I have updated the ModernCV template with a timeline and mindmap opportunely adapted to my case. The resulting document is easy to edit and improve directly on your browser if you have a subscription in an online editor like Overleaf, or you can download and edit by yourself.
Thanks to this function I could re-activate the last version of MathJax module that gave me a lot of problem only in the front page of my Drupal 7 website. In the post I will describe how I have fixed this issue using the drupal_is_front_page() function with a few lines of PHP.